Move Over Oprah. This is the Saga Book Club.

I really miss spending hours in a book store back home, browsing shelves, perusing tables... I never browse for books on Amazon.com. It's just not the same without being able to see the cover and pick up the book while glancing through the pages. It's also not the same without the cute, loner, quiet-but-really-wants-to-engage-in-meaningful-conversation guy, sitting-in-the-corner-with-a-tall-stack-of-books-while-sipping-a-latte intellectual with whom I can flirt.

Ahem. I digress.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting if we shared with everyone our favorite books--current or past. Tell us why it's one of your favorites. I have a running list of books I plan on borrowing from the library once I get home from authors promoting their books via the radio or on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. But I would LOVE to hear what you guys have been reading! Please share!!

I'll begin with what I'm reading now.

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. Thought it was about time I read "the greatest novel ever written" since, well, I've got the time! And I have to say, other than the sheer size of the book which makes it difficult to get comfortable with, this really is an incredible read. It has been a loooooong time since I've read a book where my reading speed can't keep up with my excitement to find out what happens next. A few times, I had to conscientiously prevent my eyes from scanning ahead on the page because I was too impatient to read the unfolding of events--I just wanted to know the outcome! The imagery of the passages--I wish I had such a command of the English language to create such vivid pictures in peoples' minds. And the insight into human nature--makes me realize that man is man and will always be man.