You never know what you're gonna find

Last Sunday, Ben and I made a trip to Costco to shop for the Sri Lanka fundraising dinner and you know how goes when you are Costco....I don't know about you, but I have to stroll every aisle of that store at least once...just to make sure I don't miss anything. It's a rare occasion when you find something you need as much as you want...I've been really wanting a bike that I can use for touring. And I guess I lucked out. Ben knows a good bike when he sees one and we stumbled upon a 2004 Specialized Sirrus with disk brakes and Shimano components. It's like a racing road bike that can still handle dirt roads. It's just my size, light weight and has bolts for panniers (saddle bags). I've never had a bike with disk brakes before and it stops on a dime. Back home this bike goes for $735 but it's just under 6 man at Costco. Usually bikes in Japan are much more expensive than bikes in the States. There's even a few left but they're all the same size as mine. If you are interested, here's a link to a bike shop in New York if you want to check out the specs.

http://bicyclehabitat.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=2040&Catalog=1&sort=Price

Let's ride!
Oh yeah, and here's a picture too!