Meeting the new

First of all, I must say that living in Japan has been a great opportunity in so many ways. Of course, the fact that we get to meet Japanese people and really see and feel what life in Japan is truly like. But also, and I was reminded of this as I read all of Jeff's articles, the fact that we can choose to interact with such a diverse group of foreigners. I don't know about any of you, but if I hadn't met a Kiwi, I might never have found my love for Vegemite. Jeff himself showed me just how many ways there are to learn a language. If not for him, I might have only stuck to textbook learning. Beyond that, I've found a love of bike touring and yoga, which I might never have tried. And recently, I found myself rock climbing outside Taku high school, and was so grateful for having the chance to try. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all know how to do certain things which others may not have experienced. I've always found that the most interesting people I've met are the ones who are willing to share their life experiences. Whatever it may be. So I challenge you all to share what you know with people around you. If you love doing it, it'll show.