Is this you?

I just got done with a very nice two martini lunch --minus the martinis-- and I thought that I would post a part of an interesting conversation I had concerning religion. It went something like this:

"Religion. Hmmmm. Don't you think that religion is more about a sense of community than anything else a lot of times?"

"Yeah. I know what you mean."

"You know, all the people have something to gather around. Something to be a part of. Something that gives them an indentity."

"Actually, come to think of it, some of the most strdently anti-organized religion people that I know are also people who think of religion in a deeply personal, deeply individual, way."

"I can see how those people don't jive with the come and "get your free pizza for God" basketball camps at the local churches."

"So, have we become a society where strong individuals are far more likely to lead a life separate from Church? What does that say about God?"

"I don't know what it says about God. But, I know that it means those people are going to miss out on a lot of free pizza..."