life in ogi

Hello there! I am so sorry that I hadnt written anything until now. I had some problems with logging in. Now everything is okay!! For those who dont know me, I am Teraysha Griffin, the ALT in Ogi machi, a lovely town that has soooooo much to offer including mountains, yokan (sweet beans), the kiyomizu waterfall, Japanese people who constantly stare, and tons and tons of lovely snakes that swim around in the park's pond. I have faced many challenges since moving to Japan, but I must say that I have had a spectacular experience so far.

Because Ogi is a relatively small town, everyone knows me. I feel like a celebrity(except I dont have celebrity money!). One day a few months ago, I was feeling a bit under the weather and decided to see a doctor. I contacted the necessary people such as kyoto sensei at school and one of the ladies from the adult eikaiwa group that I teach every Wednesday. I went to the doctor and everything went well. When I returned to my normal schedule the following week, I discovered that almost everyone knew about my illness. One woman said that she heard that an ambulance had to pick me up and rush me to the hospital!!! This was sooooo funny to me! Someone had exaggerated the story so much when I only had a little stomach ache! I was amused by this particular experience, but sometimes the attention really gets to me! I think I have forgotten what it feels like to walk in the grocery store and not have people constantly staring at me. Some people even try to see what items I put into my basket. It really makes me angry at times. But I try to remind myself that this is a fantastic opportunity and that fantastic opportunities in many cases lead to some kind of sacrifice; in this case, privacy. I have to go party now! I will write more tomorrow!