Monday Again

Well I guess it can't be helped.....it's Monday again. I suppose it's cliche, but nonetheless, I really dislike Monday mornings and this one seems little different from the rest,except the dreariness is only compounded by the rain.

So why do I hate Mondays? Well, I suppose some (most) of it is work related. Another week of menial mindless labor, which tests little more than my patience and will-power not to let "them" beat me. They can treat me like a child, give me busy-work, stare at me as I type away yet another post online, but they will NEVER break me, and that seems to be the struggle that keeps me going these days. Granted there's a chance some of this "battle" is in my head, but that doesn't really matter. It is me against the system, the system that wants me to yield, to submit, to give in and become like them, but I will not. I have seen what happens to followers of their system, the loss of individuality, the worker bee mentality and while I cannot help but in some ways admire their discipline, it seems to me like a fate worse than death.

Now reading that you may get that sense that I don't like Japan. Let me assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. There many things about Japan I find wonderful: Nomihodai, tabehodai, daiko, ninja, samurai, the cars, the girls, the people in general, the endlessly fascinating way that EVERYTHING runs the opposite to where I come from..... It's an neverending adventure, always something new to explore, unknown to discover, etc... BUT that doesn't mean that the things that make it great aren't also a source of constant tension, stress and difficulty caused by misunderstandings, lack of reference and just plain lack of experience and familiarity with the culture.

So anyway: back to Mondays. What do you guys (girls) think about Mondays? I guesss, once again going back to Jeff's post regarding flow, it's Monday that most clearly demonstrates to me how very far, far away from being in the "flow" that I am. The weekend (when I "flow" the most) has just finished and I've got a full week of so-so crap to look forward to...ugh. I have half-days on Fridays, but I wonder if taking a half-day on monday wouldn't be better.....

I do have something new to look forward to on Mondays: Kyokushin Karate. Monday and Thursday nights, that's what I live for now. Full-contact, no pads (except for a nut protector) kick ass hard core karate in Japan. Man do I love that shit! Many of the K-1 fighters come from Kyokushin and I'm finding the reputation for it being tough is well-earned. Ahhh...got class, gotta run, more later......