Puerile humour makes my day

I have an admission to make.

Ever since Benny Hill first uttered the immortal lines "Sirry Iriot", I have been endlessly entertained by the Japanese inability to differentiate between the sounds of 'l' and 'r'. Indeed, I am greeted as Rizzie on many a morning (I have also been greeted as Lazy, but I'm not so sure that had anything to do with pronunciation). Many genki hours have been spent practising for High School speech contests and getting students to repeat after me "lice"........"rice"......."late"........"rate".
So it was much to my amusement when I was presented with an ichinensei writing class on the topic "Should 18-year-olds be allowed to vote?".
"Now class, repeat these useful words after me, "vote, adult, drive, marry, election.......no, no, no, eLection.........once more eLection.........*muffled snickering* .........right, well, just try not to use that one in polite company ok?".

This was later followed up with the innocently asked "Do you like Hard Gay?". Best not to ask that one outside Japan lads.........