America the Beautiful

Why is it that if someone says something nice about America, everyone else has to call that person a typical arrogant American bastard??

What is your problem? Seriously. America is fascist, America only cares about itself, Americans kill for oil, Americans are destroying the Earth, Americans are arrogant and so on and so forth.

Why is having a little appreciation for your counrty all of a sudden a scary form of pre-Nazi semi-religious patriotic fervor? When did rooting for your own team become wrong?

If you can make blanket statements about people just because you don't take the time to get to know them, but instead hide behind your cocky little know it all attitude and accuse them of being arrogant, I don't know what I can say to make things right. I can reach out a hand to say I'm sorry you feel that way, let's talk, but beyond that, there's not a whole lot I can do.

America is a great country, and you can tell me all day how bad it is and we won't get anywhere. So my suggestion is to talk from a position of cooperation and work with me OR grab a flag, sing the "star spangled banner" a few hundred times, and if you still have a problem you can take that flag and shove it where the sun don't shine you insolent bastard. and I'll break it off for ya.

Please comment freely, the American way.