Working in a germ factory...

Morning all,

Well, Yesterday, from 200 students, there were at least 8 ichi nensei students away with the same bug. And, that's just one grade.....
This obviously displeases (not sure, is that actually a word?) me, as it means there's a chance it'll make its way to me. Less likely though in Chugakko, as SOME students (minority) cover their mouth when they cough and sneeze. Having just had food poisoning, and the fact I'm making my way home in a week, I really don't want to get sick! Says she who's off to teach 5 yr olds in half an hour......

Now 5 yr olds are a whole different ball game. I am, as are many ALT's, a human climbing frame, and Janken competitor. Don't get me wrong. Apart from 'Mr Handsy/cry baby' (he now has 2 names as he not only takes every opportunity to touch any part of me he can before the teacher drags him away, but he also cries EVERY time because he realises he can't win every game), I love my kindy kids. However, they seem to make an effort to come up to me and cough and sneeze on me. They do all the usual gross kid stuff, then insist on shaking my hand.
But, you see, my kindy kids are onto Mr Handsy. They tell him off for his behaviour before I can bollox him myself. It's quite funny to watch really. Smart wee mites they are. They know his behaviour is way off, though he seems to have no idea.

I mentioned to my JTE yesterday it's like these kids are training for the military. She didn't understand, then I explained that it's snowing outside and all the kids are in shorts! No woolly hats, no rain coats, no trousers.....just running around practicing soccer in the snow. I suppose, at least in winter there's no chance of the kids falling asleep in class.....it's too friggin freezing!

Right, off to sort out Mr Handsy.......