Girl Take Over!!!

Hey hey hey!


Let me just introduce myself before I let you into two weeks of my life. I'm Amalia, born and raised in sunny Singapore before being transplanted to Tosu City where I live with 5 other fine ALTs and 1 CIR.
It's my first time blogging (I'm a visual person so personally I keep a photo diary of all my travels in Japan - http://ryuphynix.multiply.com/photos - I haven't updated in awhile tho, it's 3 vacations behind).

Just to clarify, I am not a pop star back home - only semi-famous! ;) I don't get mobbed and have people scream my name when I walk the streets - only occasionally people recognise and come up to talk to me. Me and my buddy we've been performing on stage professionally together since we were 16/17 at events, concerts, pubs etc. Here's our webpage (also hasn't been updated in a loooooong time - while I was still VERY young - http://www.garieinternational.com.sg/supergirls/index.html). Apart from singing I also love acting and did alot of it while at Uni. Acted in 3 musicals, 1 play, and directed 1 other. I also love dancing tho not the best at it but had to do it, comes with the business.

Alida says I give her 'earworm' (not even sure if that's right hahhaa). Basically thing with me is every single second I'm either singing or humming when I'm not doing it out loud you can bet I'm doing it in my head. By the term earworm means when I start going on a tune she'll also have the tune stuck in her head the rest of the day. So what's in my head this moment now??? This one by Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

That pic of me is up on top of Sapporo when I was at the Snow Festival last month. I'm proud of that pic coz my very expensive camera takes really shit night shots but this is first that turned out okay. So word of advise, when buying a camera, avoid Konica Minolta even though its crystal lenses makes for a very sharp zoom. Next time I'll get a Canon.

Next post... "Of dolls and DJs"

Enjoy the sun!