Random Late night Preamble

Failing to satisfy the need to be asleep, I've decided to blog. Dare I say for the first time in my life, and with somewhat ever so slight trepidation. Slight. Nevertheless pressing on :) AHHH someones on msn...
Might I first warn you that some say I have a rather random, unique and to the unaccustomed eye, maybe a little incoherent style of writing. So as the days go by please bear with me. (*I hope this thing has spell check).. it does -yes! Now if I'll use it eee (*air passing through teeth), sou kana (my now always said Japanese phrase I've picked up - this does not mean by any means that my Japanese is good, but somehow it seems to pop itself into conversations even to people who are from home a.k.a Jamaica and have no idea what the h e two stick I'm talking about)
Either way tonight I have decided to focus my blog briefly on people, a series of rhetorical/ non questions, random thoughts sayings and the like. Welcome let the week of Lee-Ann begin:)

Now since it's basically Monday I'd like to talk about a lovely neighbour of mine whom others may think is not so lovely but why? Do they really know the person, do they substantially talk with the person, or do they like most just look on and judge them based on maybe the one or two discrepancies that he/ she apparently possesses. Why is this so?
Yet another question(/ series of:) if we are so filled in society with this "need for betterment, connection, progress" and all the jazz how do we see it fit to judge what we truly do not know nor have n't even tried to appreciate or truly allow to be, for the sake of growth or other. I am not saying I do not do this at times, nor am I saying be an ass nor naive. It's just why do we choose to treat that 'other' so bad? Is it based on our own insecurities and need to feel better about ourselves? What is it. These are some of my own personal mullings like; have any of us really taken the time to stop to think what our neighbour or whoever that person for us may be is really going through, and be a little more 'neighbourly' perhaps? Whether that means just being genuine or a mere retraction of a not needed complaint to everyone and instead talk to the person privately about the matter in a decent way. .(latter part suggested by a co-worker and I agree with it). Someone I met once asked me-"If we always relate to someone as a 'square' (not the nerd reference just an analogy) how are they ever going to readily change into the 'rectangle'/ 'circle' or whatever that is best / meant for them to be? I don't have answers apparently just many questions:) but one thing I am tired of is hypocrisy, complaints, envy and rumors - damn can't we just be a little more genuine and self-empowered for once (me included), despite our "busy" and often attempted self created important lives? By the way don't mistake my tone with anger and I don't mean to be preachy if I sound so. It kinna late- I hope this makes some sense.

Just my two cents
p.s two very special quotes I like :

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
Your playing small does not serve the world; there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure about you.


We were all meant to shine as children ... it is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same as we are liberated from our own fear. Our presence automatically liberates others."
- Marianne Williamson (Also read at Nelson Mandela's 1994 Inaugural Address)


and the next certaily tying is my Uncle John's:
"Opinions are like assholes everyone has them."

Top three things to be grateful for:
1. My mom's coming
2. Life itself
3. And the drunk dude who said I'm looking cuter, his reasoning being I must have a boyfriend (priceless and amusing)

Two things especially noted recently:
1. Don't leave your car window open even a crack ( one it may rain and two an obnoxious lizard may decide to set up a dwelling in your vehicle of transportation!!)
2. Compusure is a blessing that is not often easily achieved - it is not to be confused with lifelessness.
YEA empowerment- Enjoy your day guys-Nite!