Last day

Today was the closing ceremony of this school year and I can't for the life of me figure out why it was necessary. They talked about what great teachers there are here, how studying is very important, how their families are very proud of them and to try harder next year. I thought that was nice and it should have ended right then. But noooo, they have to also talk about how they need to be careful on bicycles and to watch out for cars and be careful this next year with the typhoons and good going volleyball team oh, and remember there are many rules you should obey in class, take care of your desks and chairs, take pride in your school, take care of your uniforms, oh and remember what I said about accidents on your bicycles because there were a few accidents this year, you'll die without a helmet on, let's not have any accidents next year, oh teachers tomorrow, park behind the school, oh and girls, don't perm or color your hair, I know it's tempting on spring break but it is disruptive to the class pictures we will be taking and how does that make the rest of us feel... After that, I stopped listening because one I was freezing and two, I felt it pointless. On the plus side the ceremony only lasted an hour, it could have been longer. I felt bad for the students having to sit on the cold floor. You know, they have some of the whitest socks I have ever seen. They either have a lot of socks or they have amazing washing machines.