watch and enjoy

Last night I finally got to watch the Johnny Cash biopic, 'Walk the Line'. I, and everyone I watched it with, thought it was brilliant. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Of course, the first thing I did this morning was hit play on itunes, Johnny Cash 'The Man Comes Around', and spent an hour researching his life in more depth than I previously knew. What a bloody legend. Anyway... the reason for mentioning Johnny Cash's movie was that it led me to downloading the music video for 'Hurt', which I hadn't seen in ages. I don't know about the rest of you, but since being in Japan I just don't find myself watching the Japanese music channels often. The reason is simply because, while there is a fair amount of western stuff on there, J-Pop is shit, utter shit, and at the end of the day I'd rather subject myself to torture by carpet burn than have to listen to half an hour of J-Pop.

So, after awakening my love of good music videos, I decided to post a random assortment of videos I think are '5-star', 'top shelf', 'straight to the pool room' material. I haven't put on too many, just enough to make you go "ahh.. the art of a good music video..." and make you homesick for wherever your from and their music channels like I currently am for C4 in NZ.

Firstly, to kick things off, in honour of the late 'Man In Black', Johnny Cash himself, I present the ever so sad but even more brilliant 'Hurt'...



Next up is Benny Benassi and the fantastic (for guys at least) video for the song 'Satisfaction'...



Third is the super popular Robbie Williams 'Rock DJ' video. I hope like hell that most American's have had a chance to see this before, but realise he hasn't quite "broken" America likes he's meant to have yet.



Fourth is the new single from the Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Dani California'. It's fucking cool as a song and video. New Chili's album out now!!



Fifth is a very cool Radiohead video 'Just'. Make sure you watch till the end. Very cool little story that will have you wondering for years...



And finally, we have the Smashing Pumpkins with the amazing video 'Tonight, Tonight'. All I have to say about this video is "...back of the net!"